My philips gogear aria 16gb having problems

jaygerman

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2010
hi... my philips gogear aria 16gb has a problem. i hooked it up to my cpu with a USB so I can transfer some songs from my cpu, but to my surprise it is showing me some hebrew words on my philips player. my cpu still reorganizes it but when i try to open the file on (my cpu) it is telling me " plz insert a disk into drive D"... ? I really dont know how it got like that also when i try to start my player it just show philips then it turns over.... (yes it is fully charged) plz help...

G

First see if you can access the language settings menu on the player -- maybe it's flipped to Hebrew -- though I've never come across a player which offered that option so you may actually be seeing random characters that just resemble Hebrew.

Check any CD which came with the player for a copy of the firmware and instructions on how to reload it.

Philips' home site has quite a good support section on MP3 and it may contain a newer firmware download for your model.

You might lose any music on the player if you reflash it.

Note that it is not a good idea to format MP3 players using Windows. Always use the player's inbuilt format facility.