My Samsung J3 2016 uses 7GB out of 8GB internal storage for system memory by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giannis_86

Prominent
Jul 22, 2017
Hello
Well I tried to update the already installed facebook app on my J3 2016 and just before installation was complete, it stopped informing me that more memory was recuired. That struck me by surprise as FB is the only installed app on my phone. I checked storage and I found out that it uses 7GB out of the total 8GB of internal storage as System Memory by default!!!
I'm not sure but I thing that it's not normal considering that at this point my phone is running only on the default system setting and default app...can someone verify that this is not normal?
Can someone tell me what should I do with that?

Solution
Well, the devices OS and any apps on it (even if not running/being used) as well as videos, photos, contacts, caches, etc., all take up your storage space. So the more there is, the less storage you have. Phones come with a multitude of apps that take up a lot of space. Unless you can uninstall them, or some of them, there is no way to free up space. You can also try saving photos, videos, etc., to a SD card rather than internal storage, or move them off the device onto a computer. That would free up space as well. Also, remember that when using an app like the FB one, it adds info to the device constantly (cache) so unless you reboot or clear that out, it takes up more space too.
Well, the devices OS and any apps on it (even if not running/being used) as well as videos, photos, contacts, caches, etc., all take up your storage space. So the more there is, the less storage you have. Phones come with a multitude of apps that take up a lot of space. Unless you can uninstall them, or some of them, there is no way to free up space. You can also try saving photos, videos, etc., to a SD card rather than internal storage, or move them off the device onto a computer. That would free up space as well. Also, remember that when using an app like the FB one, it adds info to the device constantly (cache) so unless you reboot or clear that out, it takes up more space too.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.