My sharp aquos quattron 52" will not turn on but keeps flashing the power light on and off. Please help me fix this problem.

Raptors

Estimable
Aug 2, 2015
My sharp aquos quattron 52" will not turn on but the power light on the TV keeps on flashing on and off. How do I fix this problem. Please help!

Senatov

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013
Try unplugging it for 10 minutes and then plugging it back in. I had this problem a few years ago with a Toshiba. The power supply was bad. Usually in instances when it won't turn on but lights blink, it's either the psu or something inside is faulty.

rhysdmarks

Prominent
Dec 28, 2017
This is by no means a cure all, but a solution that I've had luck with in the past. (Disclaimer: Doing this risks permanently damaging a board, I only use this as a last resort if I'm going to replace a board anyway).

On two different TVs I've fixed them by baking the faulty board in my oven @ 350F for 15 min.
The heat "reflows" the solder connections and can potebtially revive dead boards.

The first TV was a LG 42LK550. Had problems with the main board, TV would work for 5 min and shut off. Baked the board and it worked fine ( I used it another 6 months and sold it) .

The second was a Sharp LC-32D62U no picture no sound with a OPC/Power, Power, Power blink code. Testing pointed to a bad main board. Baked the board and TV is going strong again.

Each time I removed the boards, and disassembled them as much as possible, removing as much rubber and plastic as possible while leaving the board intact. I then placed them on a cookie sheet and baked them.

Again I ONLY use it in situations where I would replace the board anyway. But at that point what have you got to loose.