my sharp tv wont turn on at all, how do i fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lily12036

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016
My Xbox One wasn't working so I tried to fix the wires and I ended up turning of the TV. I eventually fixed my xbox and the light is on but my TV still doesn't work and shows no signs of life. I have an Aquos Sharp tv but I have no idea what model it is, can anyone help me?

Ralston18

Dignified
The model number should be on the back, underneath, or maybe printed vertically along a side. Look for any labels you can find....

Could be a product number or serial number that includes some model number. Check Aqous's website for model identification information.

Do you have the manual? May be a troubleshooting section or maybe a reference to an internal fuse.

Are you sure that you did not trip the circuit breaker on the outlet supporting the TV - check that. Plug a lamp into the outlet to see if the lamp lights. Carefully check the power cord connections: they may look connected but are out just enough so no power gets through.

Ralston18

Dignified
The model number should be on the back, underneath, or maybe printed vertically along a side. Look for any labels you can find....

Could be a product number or serial number that includes some model number. Check Aqous's website for model identification information.

Do you have the manual? May be a troubleshooting section or maybe a reference to an internal fuse.

Are you sure that you did not trip the circuit breaker on the outlet supporting the TV - check that. Plug a lamp into the outlet to see if the lamp lights. Carefully check the power cord connections: they may look connected but are out just enough so no power gets through.

fay_3_

Commendable
Jan 17, 2017

Please where is the circuit breaker located. Thanks. Cos I have a similar problem

Ralston18

Dignified
Circuit breakers are usually located in panel hopefully someplace close to your power meter but on the inside of the home. Could be in a garage or basement area. Sometimes they are hidden behind picture frames or wall hangings.

In an apartment area you may have a small wall panel somewhere in your rooms - maybe a utility room or closet.

Remember that there are probably multiple circuits and thus circuit breakers. A breaker that has tripped should show a red indicator but the indicator may not be all that visible.

Google "circuit breaker panels" - select images and you will find many photographs to guide your search.

Some area and older homes have fuses instead of circuit breakers. They screw in much like a lightbulb and, if blown, require replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Streaming Video & TVs 15
K Streaming Video & TVs 0
J Streaming Video & TVs 2
Browser6 Streaming Video & TVs 1
MukhlisM Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
W Streaming Video & TVs 5