My Sony Cybershot and Windows7 will it Work?

Johncarroll

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
Installed my Sony Cybershot (2006) on my new Gatway with Windows 7(2012). Camera has images, Windows said no new images... no responce to camera on MY Pictures. Installed it the same way on previous(2006) emachines computer.

G

Hi John,

I have just acquired a new Dell Computer with Windows 7 on it, but I cant find a Driver to down load, that will allow me to use my Sony DSC-S70 Cybershot digital camera. I have been advised that the Sony DSC-S70 is Old and not compatible with Windows 7 - I have tried the Sony Website & the net, but nothing seams to work. Do you have any ideas?

Dave.

junak8

Estimable
Feb 25, 2014
Re: DSC-S70 and Windows 7
In reply to Edu Pedrasse, 1 day ago

There is a solution. It is as follows:
1. Connect your DSC -S70 Sony Cybershot camera with the original cable to the Win 7 computer
2. Start button --> right mouse button (RMB) on My computer --> Properties --> Device Manager
3. It will show you that DSC driver is unavailable
4. RMB on it --> Properties --> Driver (upper middle) --> Update driver --> Browse my computer for driver software
5. Click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers
6. From the left menu choose Sony Corporation
7. From the right menu choose Sony DSC
8. Click NEXT (it will show a notice: Installing this device (bla-bla) .... click YES
9. Installed - this is it!
After this installation you will see the SD card in the Windows Explorer (as a disk)
Enjoy!

Miss Picante

Estimable
Apr 24, 2014

I have a Sony Cybershop DSC-WX300 and Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I have been able to successfully download photos until now. Long talks/chats with Sony have been useless.

I tried to follow these steps but was unable to get past step #5. There was no "Sony DSC" to click on and both of the USB Mass Storage devices shown were Microsoft drivers.

Any ideas what I should do next? I am back from a trip abroad with 1200 pictures I am unable to download!

Many Thanks!

Try installing this driver http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-download.pl?upd_id=1452&mdl=DSCP100 It's for XP but may work. If not, you can use an external card reader to get the pictures out.

Hayete

Estimable
Jun 2, 2014
I have the same problem with a Cyber-shot DSC-WX200 and Windows 7; however, the answer provided by junak8 doesn't work. I have also tried to download Sony's software, but Windows repeatedly fails to complete the process - reportedly because the browser crashes, but this only happens with Sony and never with other downloads.

Clansman2012

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
I know this is old, but I just had the same problem. The answer junak8 posted was correct, it was just missing one step. Here is the amended steps:

1. Connect your DSC -S70 Sony Cybershot camera with the original cable to the Win 7 computer
2. Start button --> right mouse button (RMB) on My computer --> Properties --> Device Manager
3. It will show you that DSC driver is unavailable
4. RMB on it --> Properties --> Driver (upper middle) --> Update driver --> Browse my computer for driver software
5. Click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers
5a. Scroll all the way down and select Universal Serial Bus controllers and hit Next
6. From the left menu choose Sony Corporation
7. From the right menu choose Sony DSC
8. Click NEXT (it will show a notice: Installing this device (bla-bla) .... click YES
9. Installed - this is it!
After this installation you will see the SD card in the Windows Explorer (as a disk)