My Sony VAIO Laptop won't switch on the battery light flashes constantly orange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandra1983

Estimable
Oct 6, 2015
Can someone help My Sony VAIO Laptop won't switch on the battery light flashes constantly orange.

Thanks Sandra

Hi,

Do a hard reset with it first, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Plug just the AC adapter then boot the laptop and see if it loads normally to the desktop. If that doesn't work and you see other light indicator on your keyboard and the fans are all spinning try and connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it. Having a display on the external monitor press the Windows key + P then select "Display Only".

Hi,

Do a hard reset with it first, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Plug just the AC adapter then boot the laptop and see if it loads normally to the desktop. If that doesn't work and you see other light indicator on your keyboard and the fans are all spinning try and connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it. Having a display on the external monitor press the Windows key + P then select "Display Only".

cfli1688c1

Estimable
Sep 29, 2014
i have a sony vaio laptop - vpceb390x, original battery gone bad. got a replacement from ebay. boot up with ac, plug in battery, battery light blinks orange constantly., but saids battery has 59% remove ac, laptop turn off,
solution, i had to reset the bios by removing the laptop bottom cover and pull the bios battery (green battery) and plug the bios battery back in. remove ac, put in replacement battery, the laptop booted up!!

jpcabugao

Prominent
Dec 28, 2017
Question: SONY VAIO E Series Laptop orange link blinks continuously and the light does not stop blinking.
Answer: Laptop_Nerd's Suggestion works great! Thanks so much!
Link: http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2820328/sony-vaio-laptop-switch-battery-light-flashes-constantly-orange.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
maybeits_jack Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 3
B Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1