My tv or ps4 won't play games or videos in 60fps I swear it looks like it's in 30fps and when I watch the video on my ipad or

Aruiln

Estimable
Jul 13, 2015
Ok so I have a vizio tv and it says it can play in 60fps 1080p then I play cod aw or battlefeild 4 and it freakin looks like it's in 30fps and when I go to my TVA youtube app and watch gameplay it looks like 30fps but when I watch the same gameplay on my ipad or computer it looks so much better and smoother this is so annoying I feel like youtube game plays or 60fps gameplay look way better then what I actually play and I done even have any way to test if I'm actually playing in 60fps or 30fps I just guessing

Solution

Well the area its in seems to be ok, the PS4 is known for overheating issues.

This might help though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQg98UFtpKo
But overall you are getting 30 FPS is due to overheating issues.

Hope this helps

Cazauxx

Estimable
Jul 10, 2015
Nice find! You are correct the games do play at 30 FPS, you have very good eyesight (I'm not being sarcastic)
The reason for that is because the PS4 plays games at 30 FPS. It is locked aswell so it cannot go any higher.
That's why pc gamers hate consoles
Hope this helps

Aruiln

Estimable
Jul 13, 2015
Yeah but people say the ps4 is in 60fps like battlefeild 4 and when I watch gameplay of it on ps4 it's in 60fps and I think it might be my tv to i have no way to test it out but how would I test a tv and see if it's 60fps or my ps4

Cazauxx

Estimable
Jul 10, 2015

They are locked at 30 FPS, my evidence
http://au.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates
Youtube improves the framerate while processing which makes it 60 FPS, its not the TV
Hope this helps

UPDATE: My appologies Battlefield runs at 60 FPS
Is your PS4 making a loud noise? If so it could be overheating which is why the frame rate has dropped. Is it on carpet? If so move it on a table. Try also putting it in a cooler area

Aruiln

Estimable
Jul 13, 2015
Lol I was just on that article but it says games like advanced warfare are in 60fps 1080p ps4
But I agree with you I feel like all the games are locked at 30fps I just want to know why it says it 60fps but it's no if this is the problem and sony doesn't want us playin at 60 frames I just going to go buy myself a pc

Cazauxx

Estimable
Jul 10, 2015

Sorry I'm not much into console gaming anymore.
Purchasing a pc will be the best solution since you are not a big fan of 30 FPS
I recommend a GTX 960 (I use), 970, 980 or a 750 ti (For small to mid games)

Hope this helps :)

Aruiln

Estimable
Jul 13, 2015

Aruiln

Estimable
Jul 13, 2015
Ok so from what I've understood ps4 games are locked in 30fps and youtube makes it look better btw is there any non youtube source with 60fps gameplay and can I get a good gaming pc under 500$

Cazauxx

Estimable
Jul 10, 2015

Ah ok, try putting it in a open place instead of a corner. This should fix the issue
Keep in mind that if you keep it in the corner the PS4 components might melt one day.

Hope this helps

Cazauxx

Estimable
Jul 10, 2015

Either share them through Onedrive, Upload them to Mediafire or send it to this email.

hqnodwei@sharklasers.com
Although I'm not sure this temporary email will download pictures but its worth a shot

Aruiln

Estimable
Jul 13, 2015
We'll it's pretty easy to describe but the back of my ps4 is facing a fall and it's about 2 feet away from the wall right next to my tv but the the back of the wall it's facing is also about 2 feet tall and it's pretty open I have moved up it's like a small bookshelf I have it in but it's out in the open exept the back that's 2 feet away from a wall but above that the space is open and I usally have my fan on

Cazauxx

Estimable
Jul 10, 2015

Well the area its in seems to be ok, the PS4 is known for overheating issues.

This might help though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQg98UFtpKo
But overall you are getting 30 FPS is due to overheating issues.

Hope this helps

Solution

Cazauxx

Estimable
Jul 10, 2015

No problem, Hope I solved your issue
Sorry about the errors before, I was doing a quick research, although I did know about the overheating as I have seen an issue like this before.

why can consoles only handle lower resolution, settings or manage only 30fps on some games? hardware. what you need to consider is the cheap price of the consoles and the demanding nature of some games running on lower end hardware. while consoles are convenient and can run many games they are not as powerful as computers nor capable of the graphical computation... however to get a decent computer you will need to spend a bit more.

another thing to keep in mind is to make sure you disable 120hz/240hz mode on your tv if you have it as well as motionflow or whatever backlight flickering technology your tv may have to try and smooth out video play. not running the tv at 60hz mode introduces input lag due to the tv post processing (read: faking frames in) which could be affecting how smooth the game feels to you.

as for building a gaming pc under $500, that is going to be tight once you subtract $100 for the os you're now left with $400. factor about $70 for ram. down to $330. at least $50 for a decent psu thats down to $280. $100 for a fair to middling cpu down to $130. motherboard is going to be at least $60 for something low end. down to $60. consider that you need to buy a case, at least $30 which brings you to $30 left to buy a graphics card, mouse and keyboard as well as a hard drive. consider that any graphics card worth buying over a ps4 is going to run about $150, hard drives are at least $50 and you see how your budget is a little light for your typical gaming pc.

if you could bring your budget up to at least $600-650 and find items that are deeply discounted on sale then its quite possible to make something like an fx6300, 8gb ram, r9-280 or r9-270x based system which would perform superior to the ps4.

what you could do for $500 is either an apu based system (processor/graphics integrated on single chip) which is pretty non-upgradeable, running integrated graphics on a low end intel i3, or a g3258 based pentium system with a low end graphics card and cheaping out along the way on components. i will say however that running such low end systems is not going to be an improvement over the ps4 in many cases. see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxUPJdcChzE both the g3258 and i3 systems are upgradeable though to use better cpu/graphics when you can afford them while a ps4 and apu based system are not.

austintexas

Estimable
Jul 20, 2015

vizio is a terrible brand if u know about tvs samsung and sony are best....worth the damn money when i got a 75 inch samsung smart tv 240 hertz jus got the newest model couple months ago..its a powerful ass tv....video games look too real on my tv...ps4 operates games at 60 fps nicely...plus it depends on how u adjust ur tv.....look at the last of us remastered movement is a lot better and movement is more fluid and smoother...my tv got the ability to run games at high frame rates with little to no lag at all...and lagging doesnt affect the picture quality...plus i put the color and sharpness all the way to bring out the vivid colors in the game...the weather system in games got beautiful and realistic as hell...look at gta v and the witcher 3 on ps4...great dynamic weather system...what games look on trailers now a days are what they look like in actual game pla...look at tom clancy the division its powered by a movie making engine...video games will keep continue to look better...advanced warefare story mode looked so real because it ran at 60fps the campaign was like a damn movie