MyFiles app on Samsung TabE (T377P) android 6.0.1 stopped recognizing micro sd card

Aug 24, 2018
All of a sudden MyFiles app won't access micro sd card. Other apps like WPS or Gallery still access documents or pictures on sd card but My Files app only accesses device files, SD card does not even show up. How to fix?

Solution
Did you try restarting (turning off and back on) the phone? Sometimes that is all you need to do.

Should that not be enough, then I would try going into "Settings", "Apps", "All" and locate that app. Tap it and then tap to clear the cache.

NOTE: Be sure you back up any files off the phone/card before doing this, as while it shouldn't delete anything, stranger things have happened.

If this also doesn't help, then try accessing the files while the phone is connected to a computer via USB cord and see if it can access the ones that are giving you trouble. If it still gives you trouble, then the card may well be going bad. Should that be the case, then back up everything on the card to say the computer and get a new card.
Did you try restarting (turning off and back on) the phone? Sometimes that is all you need to do.

Should that not be enough, then I would try going into "Settings", "Apps", "All" and locate that app. Tap it and then tap to clear the cache.

NOTE: Be sure you back up any files off the phone/card before doing this, as while it shouldn't delete anything, stranger things have happened.

If this also doesn't help, then try accessing the files while the phone is connected to a computer via USB cord and see if it can access the ones that are giving you trouble. If it still gives you trouble, then the card may well be going bad. Should that be the case, then back up everything on the card to say the computer and get a new card.

Solution