Naturalreader 6.6 download location?

okppko

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
In an attemp to get tts text to speech of a better quality on an ubuntu 12.04 computer, I installed naturalreader 11 free using wine. It will install, but will not open or work. On a wine forum I read, that naturalreader 6.6 free to some extend, will run on wine. I cannot find a download location for that version. I wrote naturalsoft naturalreader, and asked for a download. They answered, that they do not have copies of previous versions. An answer I find difficult to believe. If you know where to get a copy of naturalreader 6.6, please let me know . Thanks.

okppko

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
Thank you for answering. I tried the link, but I cannot use it. I get an installer error. I think it is because the link tries to put malware or adware on my computer. But it probably cannot succed in doing that, because it is trying to install windows malware on a linux computer.

Sorry to hear that but not surprising unfortunately. I would suggest another site but I won't because I don't know of a safe site. I'm not saying it doesn't exist but I don't know which ones are safe.

okppko

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
The goal is to get windows sapi voice on ubuntu 12.04. The reason why I search for the 6.6 version is, that according to the wine webpage, it will work. I have found version 11. It can be installed and opened, but then a window prompts you to press an icon, that is not there, on the taskbar. Version 10 can be installed and opened. But it does not find the sapi voice. The sapi voice, that wine says is installed. I do not know how to get the voice into the program.