Need a really good HD camcorder for Youtube videos

XenobladeX

Estimable
Jan 31, 2015
I want to record myself why I make videos on Youtube and I need it to be really clear in 1080p. If you can recommend a affordable camcorder it would help. Also, can you explain how I take videos off a camcorder amd put on my computer. Is it simple like using Usb?

alphakhoa

Estimable
Dec 8, 2015

Yes, I had been advised the same by somebody on Youtube. They use DSLR from Canon, Nikon, Sony (like HX-300 although it is not supported full HD video). DLSR can record video very good in backlit condtion.

What nonsense are you spouting? Not a single consumer camera on the market actually shoots 1080p with a sensor that has only 1920x1080 pixels. Most modern devices have more than twice the number of pixels (10x for DSLR) necessary for 1080p and instead bin or line skip to get about 1080p to then encode (which in itself doesn't really have "1080p" since the DCT process does away with the notion of "pixels" anyway).

XenobladeX, consider something like the Canon HF R600 (on sale now) if you only need offline video (shoot, edit, post) or a good webcam if you need live video. After you are comfortable in spending more for better equipment you can check out what other youtubers use. Just remember, quality of content ALWAYS trumps quality of video.

PTOWN GAMER

Estimable
Dec 5, 2015

man why you making it difficult for the lad, i have a camcorder that says full HD, but i also have a DSLR, and when i see them together, the DSLR has better video quality.

how do you expect a $250 camcorder to say FULL HD, and a $600 DSLR that says FULL HD to have the same quality. Its quiet clear that the DSLR will have better quaility, otherwise everyone would just buy the $250 camcorder, and DSLR companies would shut down.

1) I'm making it easier for him by giving him the easiest option that will be in his $400 budget (which you forgot about)
2) A camera is only as good as the person behind it. The HF R600 will be just as good as any DSLR when used in a room, it's 99% lighting anyway.
3) Yes, a Full HD camcorder can have as good of detail as a DSLR, again, it's all about how you use it
4) Just stop talking, you're going to confuse OP. DSLRs are meant for photography and that's their primary purpose. This guy wants video, so a camcorder is the best option until he learns how to shoot video.

Again, it's a tool, and a a difficult to use one at that. I've been using DSLRs for video since the 5DmkII came out, and I would never recommend it to someone that has never done photography or videography.

The first and only concern for someone starting out is content. Video quality is only a secondary thing that improves how people can view your content, it doesn't actually improve the content at all. Get a camcorder, learn to make good content, then only after that should you consider making it look better. Basically, be American Graffiti and Star Wars IV-VI George Lucas, not Star Wars I-III George Lucas!