Need help choosing which headset to buy for Christmas

Mr_Venbeer

Estimable
May 11, 2014
Hello, I've been using a pair of Plantronics Gamecom 780 for a few years now, but I just can't take how uncomfortable they get anymore. It's time for a downgrade (as I don't even use the surround sound). I'm looking for a STEREO headset that will be good for gaming and watching YouTube vids and streams. Budget is around $100 AUD.

I've picked out some headphones that seem pretty good according to reviews but I can't decide. What I'm mostly looking for is comfort. I don't care much if the mic sucks, or if it doesn't sound as good, just want the most comfortable headset.

- Hyper X Cloud / Core / Stinger / Revolver
- Logitech G430 (G230 not available)
- Steelseries Siberia V2 or 200

Also considered the Audio Technica M30X, which wouldn't be a bad choice as I do some audio monitoring here and there.

Thanks in advance :p

Solution
the hxc1 or hxc core arent a bad choice for on the cheap. the first version is based on a respectable pair of budget headphones. after that they started modifying the design. mic is not stellar but okay.

logitech headsets tend to be rated fairly well although for some reason there are always issues with wireless

m30 has small earcups that are very shallow. i gifted one a few year ago and i use a m50 myself. i much prefer the depth of cups on the m50 but all of them are small soundstage, small earcup headphones. i like them and they are nice for music but not for gaming.

if you can get a hd518 or hd558 for a reasonable price and get any clip on mic or similar that may work for you as well. otherwise the game one is basically the same...
the hxc1 or hxc core arent a bad choice for on the cheap. the first version is based on a respectable pair of budget headphones. after that they started modifying the design. mic is not stellar but okay.

logitech headsets tend to be rated fairly well although for some reason there are always issues with wireless

m30 has small earcups that are very shallow. i gifted one a few year ago and i use a m50 myself. i much prefer the depth of cups on the m50 but all of them are small soundstage, small earcup headphones. i like them and they are nice for music but not for gaming.

if you can get a hd518 or hd558 for a reasonable price and get any clip on mic or similar that may work for you as well. otherwise the game one is basically the same thing.

Solution

Mr_Venbeer

Estimable
May 11, 2014
I can't find a HD 518 here and the 558 are pretty expensive. I don't want surround sound, and the mic doesn't have to be amazing TBH I rarely use it, so the detachable feature from the Hyper X is pretty convenient. I've asked others on YouTube and they say the Hyper X Cloud Core are better than the Logitech ones in terms of comfort and durability. For only $59 AUD I think is a good deal, and then I'll invest the rest on a new mouse as I need one also :D

Mr_Venbeer

Estimable
May 11, 2014
I decided to go with the Hyper X Cloud Core. So far they sound great and are very comfortable. The mic is actually really good as well TBH, but I just need to add a noise gate in OBS to get rid of the small static noise.

Mr_Venbeer

Estimable
May 11, 2014
I take back what I said. After a day or two of using the Clouds, the tip of my ears start to really hurt not even after 30 minutes of wearing the headset. The same exact problem I had with my Plantronics. The earcups are too shallow. Another product to be returned, and another company to never buy products from ever again ...