Need help deciding on a camera with my list of required specs.

schwipt

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
So, First off I am sorry I can only imagine how many people must come here and ask very similar questions but after days of research and I keep going back and fourth and many YouTube reviews well suck. Why review a camera and not show any pictures or videos taken with the camera blows my mind.

Anyway. I am looking to record YouTube videos in 1080p and preferably have 60 fps. Mainly I would be doing reviews/vlogs and other filming with the camera on my tripod. I also plan to use it to film some other random things such as what I do in school (engineering processes, or home videos around the house so not necessary on a tripod)

Some of the things I would like
- Mic input so I can use my external mic (rode)
- A lcd screen that flips so I can see myself
- Changing lenses

They are some of the things I would prefer but are not required.

Im new to the world but Im an engineer so I can learn how to use anything.

I am okay with DSLR / Mirrorless / point and shoot etc. Just looking for the best camera within my price range which is 200ish-300ish

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
The Canon VIXIA HF R500 Full HD Camcorder offers some of what you are looking for at $199.99. It does have mic and headphone jacks, an articulating LCD screen, and according to the specs records 1920 x 1080p @ 60fps but does not offer interchangeable lenses.

There are some trade offs in that price range. You should be able to find one with interchangeable lenses such as the Canon EOS-M or Sony Alpha a3000 but it will be closer to $350 - $400 but those lack a mic input and max out at 30fps (progressive) and one has 60fps but it is interlaced. You might be able to find a used DSLR in that price range but read the specs carefully.
The Canon VIXIA HF R500 Full HD Camcorder offers some of what you are looking for at $199.99. It does have mic and headphone jacks, an articulating LCD screen, and according to the specs records 1920 x 1080p @ 60fps but does not offer interchangeable lenses.

There are some trade offs in that price range. You should be able to find one with interchangeable lenses such as the Canon EOS-M or Sony Alpha a3000 but it will be closer to $350 - $400 but those lack a mic input and max out at 30fps (progressive) and one has 60fps but it is interlaced. You might be able to find a used DSLR in that price range but read the specs carefully.

Solution