Need help deciding

Ray_5_

Estimable
Nov 29, 2015
Which of these two would be better for overall gaming? I have narrowed my choices to these two products and I can not figure out which is better.

ABS Computer Technologies Desktop Computer ALA038
AMD FX-Series FX-4350 (4.20 GHz)
4 GB DDR3 1 TB HDD
Windows 8.1 64-Bit
NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 2GB

ASUS Desktop PC M32AD-US029S
Intel Core i3 4160 (3.60 GHz)
4 GB DDR3 1 TB HDD
Windows 8.1 64-Bit
Intel HD Graphics 4400

Neither is going to offer great or even "meh" gaming performance. Undoubtedly the GT 730, while a low end card, is better than the HD graphics, but the use of the FX-4300 kind of spoils the benefit. If you can include the GT 730 WITH the i3 build, it would be a bit better. What is your actual budget for this build and what components do you already have, if any?

Ah, I didn't notice those were prebuilt systems. My bad. I'd still probably recommend going with the i3 build because you can always add a graphics card later and have somewhat decent performance. With the FX chip you're going to be hamstrung no matter what card is installed. It WILL still work though, so it's really up to you. I'd recommend the i3 based on stronger single core and threaded performance, even though you'll be more limited in graphics until you install a discreet card later.