Need help for connecting to Amplifier Rotel RA-980BX

JORGEPE

Estimable
Jul 5, 2015
I have connected to the audio input of an amplifier Rotel RA-980BX the following :
1) Input CD : A CD Player
2) Input AUX : Audio Output of a DVD Player
The free inputs are : PHONE, TUNER, TAPE IN 1 AND TAPE IN 2.
As I bought a new BluRay Player, I want to connect its Audio Output to the Amplifier too, but
I don´t know which of the free inputs is the best.
¿ Can you help me about this matter?
Thank you very much in advance for your attention
Best Regards

Solution
Do you still need the DVD player or the CD player connected to your Rotel's Amp - as your Blu-ray player can play both media. Anyway, the tuner and tape in/s are OK as both accept the audio signal from the blu-ray and will not make any difference which one you pick.

Do not use the phone or phono jack as the signal maybe too high or too low. There might be a switch for magnetic cartridge or crystal/ceramic. DO NOT even try the latter.

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Do you still need the DVD player or the CD player connected to your Rotel's Amp - as your Blu-ray player can play both media. Anyway, the tuner and tape in/s are OK as both accept the audio signal from the blu-ray and will not make any difference which one you pick.

Do not use the phone or phono jack as the signal maybe too high or too low. There might be a switch for magnetic cartridge or crystal/ceramic. DO NOT even try the latter.

Solution

JORGEPE

Estimable
Jul 5, 2015
Yes : I prefer the sound of my old CD Player (Rotel RCD-965BX). For me it is better.
Thank you for your answer