Need help IDing compatible replacement DVD drive

swajsofa

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013
After searching the forums, I asked this in an old thread a week ago, but got no bites so I'm going to throw it out there by itself. I have a Lenovo 3000 C200 and my cd/dvd drive has stopped working. First, is there an easy way to test it?
If not, looking to replace it. I searched for the model number (ujda 770) and found that it corresponds to a wide variety of makers, some that have the holding bracket in different places in the back. Of course, I can replace w/ my bracket when it arrives, but wondering if the cable connector will also be different or that it won't be compatible for some other reason.
I tried searching for specs, but Lenovo doesn't provide specifics on the cd/dvd drive itself, and there aren't any other reference numbers on my drive. From the old post, sounds like the drive might be a Matshita, though my doesn't say that.
So, questions: Am I worrying for no reason? Is there a way to find out exactly what replacement drive I need? Will any ujda 770 drive work?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Solution
Simple question. First, if you don't feel comfortable opening your computer and replacing a DVD drive, then you can just buy a USB DVD drive. BUT, this is a really easy fix and im sure there are guides on youtube. Do you know if your DVD drive is SATA or IDE? As long as the drive you purchase has the correct cable interface, any old drive will do the trick.

LOLOLzers123

Estimable
Mar 15, 2014
Simple question. First, if you don't feel comfortable opening your computer and replacing a DVD drive, then you can just buy a USB DVD drive. BUT, this is a really easy fix and im sure there are guides on youtube. Do you know if your DVD drive is SATA or IDE? As long as the drive you purchase has the correct cable interface, any old drive will do the trick.

Solution