Solved! Need help with Antenna and Tuner Box

Nov 10, 2018
I have the vizio E55 E2 tv that has no tuner and I cut the cabe with Spectrum and want to watch local tv. I got an antenna that has a coax cable, so I got a set top box/tuner that is supposed to work and I've plugged it in with the coax and also an HDMI cable. It comes on but It says I have to tune my input device to Tuner or TV and that is not an option. The only options my tv has (which it's really a display not a TV), is HMDI 1, 2,3 and 4, comp ? and Smartcast. So not sure where to go for input so It'll actually all work together. Been working on this all morning and it's very frustrating. I tried HDMI 1 but it says no input source. Anyone out there can help, as I'm sure it's just something small I need to do, I hope. Thanks in Advance.

Fiona

Solution
You need to select the input on the TV that you connected the HDMI cable from the tuner. Make sure that the tuner is turned on. Some TVs won't show an input that doesn't have an active source connected to it.
You won't be able to tune in any channels until you run a channel scan on the tuner. Positioning the antenna will affect how many channels you get. You have to re-scan when you move the antenna to see if you find additional channels.
You need to select the input on the TV that you connected the HDMI cable from the tuner. Make sure that the tuner is turned on. Some TVs won't show an input that doesn't have an active source connected to it.
You won't be able to tune in any channels until you run a channel scan on the tuner. Positioning the antenna will affect how many channels you get. You have to re-scan when you move the antenna to see if you find additional channels.

Solution