Solved! Need help with GS65 Keyboard lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umair Shariff

Honorable
Apr 26, 2013
Hey everyone, I've been using the MSI GS65 for over a month now and I've not had any problems until today, when I noticed that the "N" key has a different colour than the rest of the keys (I keep it at static, lowest brightness). I have attached photos with a bunch of different colours, some blend in with the rest of the keyboard while some just have a different colour.

If anyone could help me out with this, i would really appreciate the assistance.

Thank You.

https://imgur.com/a/5qL7n7X

Solution
That laptop has keys you can set to different colors individually, select that key in the options and see what that is set to. Another thing to try would be to reset the steelseries software options to defaults, there should be an option to do that somewhere. If the key is still stuck in that color, maybe check for a newer software version, check for other driver updates, maybe a BIOS update. If still stuck, contact MSI support and see what they say, maybe that key has a broken lighting control.
That laptop has keys you can set to different colors individually, select that key in the options and see what that is set to. Another thing to try would be to reset the steelseries software options to defaults, there should be an option to do that somewhere. If the key is still stuck in that color, maybe check for a newer software version, check for other driver updates, maybe a BIOS update. If still stuck, contact MSI support and see what they say, maybe that key has a broken lighting control.

Solution
May 3, 2019
Hello , i have noticed same problem in my msi gs65 laptop , with same type of malfunction in "E" and "Y" keys . If you found solution to the problem can you share how you did it .

Aug 16, 2021
Yeah there is no fix for this problem. i have contacted them myself and many others. It is not a BIOS, driver or maybe you set the keys a different color. It simply that it happens after awhile and they have done nothing to fix it. i have had 3 MSI laptops and sent all of them back ton replace the entire keyboard. Other than that, there is nothing you can do besides hope your warranty is not expired.

Status
Not open for further replies.