need help with speaker system

doylejoshua2000

Prominent
Oct 16, 2017
so a friend of mine just gave me a bunch of speakers from a sony surround system because his receiver broke and i was wondering if there is a cheap alternative to buying another receiver? all i need it for is to be able to hook up to my computer and play some music

If your want to do 5.1 then you will need a 5 channels for the satellites and a bass amp for the sub (if it isn't self powered). Your PC will need to have green, orange, and black audio outputs.
If you want to do 2.1 you will need 2 channels + bass amp.
If you bought a surround sound receiver it would not have the amp for the sub built in so you would have to get a bass amp.

If your want to do 5.1 then you will need a 5 channels for the satellites and a bass amp for the sub (if it isn't self powered). Your PC will need to have green, orange, and black audio outputs.
If you want to do 2.1 you will need 2 channels + bass amp.
If you bought a surround sound receiver it would not have the amp for the sub built in so you would have to get a bass amp.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Audio 2
Sound guy Audio 1
Brown66 Audio 3
W Audio 1
Bonesaw Audio 1
H Audio 3
Praecox420 Audio 3
S Audio 1
C Audio 2
C Audio 3
J Audio 6
B Audio 5
A Audio 1
Andrew_PDK Audio 1
J Audio 4
E Audio 4
SyncMasterBW Audio 2
Tg123456$&@ Audio 3
T Audio 3
R Audio 3
Similar threads
Question Adding Wireless Speakers to Wired Home Audio System
Question Why when I connect my subwoofer Yamaha YST SW215 with my speakers to my external soundcard, all I get is a low bass sound with no speaker sound
Question Can l set up on tablet a system to play on various speakers in diff rooms via bluetooth from l sterio?
Question Sony built-in speaker system to new input
Question What exactly are the advantages of using a home theater system with receiver over optical/speakers?
Question Mixing high-end tower speakers & sub for theater system
Question Home Theater System as a Speaker for my PC
Question Help testing speaker system
Question Are there sound bars I can use as left, center, right speakers for my home theater system?
Question Is it feasible to have a home theater system with the soundbar as the only front speaker?
Question How do I install wireless speakers on an old JVC rack system that uses speaker wires?
Question Subwoofer on 2.1 speaker system not working(Logitech Z623) when connected via aux
Question Noob question about connecting subwoofer to speaker system.
Question Wich portable speaker to choose.
Question FD3800x connection to Samsung nu6100?
Question Using old DAV-TZ210 home theater system as speakers for TV
Question 5.1 system surround playing through front speakers
Question Can't get sound from my tv to speaker system via 3.5mm audio cable.
Home theater system
i have a 5.1 surround system for my pc out of the 6 speakers which includes my sub woofer only the 2 front speakers are worki

ASK THE COMMUNITY