need help with splitter

yjzmqym

Commendable
Apr 1, 2016
House prewired for cable/satellite tv, have satellite, one receiver, would like to use tvs in other rooms. Have splitter, can either receive signal on main tv or on 2 tvs in other rooms. Can not get signal on al 3 at once. This has worked in past, but I had to disconnect tor furniture move and I think I reconnected incorrectly. Presently wired cable connect wall jack to splitter, splitter to receiver....?

Solution
Three TV's originally worked before the move - correct?

Do you hve a 3 way splitter (one input, three outputs)? Or two two connection splitters in sequence? (Each being one connection in, two connections out).

Splitters are generally cheaply made and lose signal strength with each split. Can be substantial loss.

Connecting and disconnecting can also cause problems. You may have bent the center wire pin on one of the cables.... Or some debris got inside and is interferring with a good connection.

Inspect the splitter(s) and cable. Look for bare metal showing, corrosion, kinks, insulation cracks. staple holes, etc. - any physical damage. Replace with new cable as necessary.

Remember to check the wall jack also.

Get the main...
Three TV's originally worked before the move - correct?

Do you hve a 3 way splitter (one input, three outputs)? Or two two connection splitters in sequence? (Each being one connection in, two connections out).

Splitters are generally cheaply made and lose signal strength with each split. Can be substantial loss.

Connecting and disconnecting can also cause problems. You may have bent the center wire pin on one of the cables.... Or some debris got inside and is interferring with a good connection.

Inspect the splitter(s) and cable. Look for bare metal showing, corrosion, kinks, insulation cracks. staple holes, etc. - any physical damage. Replace with new cable as necessary.

Remember to check the wall jack also.

Get the main TV working and then test on the other remaining connections. See if one connection is bad. Work through the wiring to see if you can narrow down the problem to one cable, one splitter, or one splitter connection.

Solution