Needs to recover mp3's after formatting HDD??

Status
Not open for further replies.

inquiring

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2002
A friend formatted his 120GB IDE HDD that contained mp3's. Does any one know of any data recovery tools software that can be used to recover the mp3 files? Thank you.

TunaSoda

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2005
I have used a software program before called "Recover My Files" and it worked really well, just don't write ANYTHING to the drive!
All your recovered files will be truncated names like "mp300001.mp3"...
There is another program that will rename all the mp3's based on the ID3 Tags, but I can't remember what is is off-hand

stom

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2005
Following on from that, there's tool available called MusicBrainz that very good for writing ID3 tags and renaming the files accordingly. You can set the naming paterns etc.

You can find more info on it here: http://musicbrainz.org/

TBlaar

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
Yo

I have an excellent app, it's called Ontrack easy recovery.
It sees all files on the drive exactly as they were, and will recover it to another drive. Just install onto PC, pop in drive, do a format recovery.

This program is so great, I have recovered files from a drive that I thought was dead. I had to plug in the drive when already booted into windows, otherwise my PC wouldn't boot. Did a disaster recovery, and It found all my files on the drive.

I copied all files onto new drive, did windows repair, and it's like nothing ever happened to it.

Only thing, when you format drive, reinstall windows, then you will only be able to recover the files that haven't been overwritten.

Hope this helps

me

stephny

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
Hello,

EASEUS DataRecoveryWizard utility can help. Speaking about me, it is
easily able to recover deleted, lost file and unformat drive,
The tool helped me once. So I really recommended the recover tool.
Thanks for your suggestion, terrytree!
I have tried the data recovery software that you recommend and I want list a more detailed steps instruction to help other people.http://www.easeus.com/resource/recover-mp3-files.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.