New Alienware 15 R2 having problems

Phantum

Honorable
Sep 28, 2013
So a few hours ago I got my new Alienware 15 R2 in the mail, the i5 965 version, and I've been having troubles since I turned on the laptop. The wifi constantly keeps becoming disconnected and I'm having to go to settings and turn the wifi back on. Also, I tried downloading the newest drivers, the first time downloaded the Windows drivers first, midway I get a "your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart", so now I got into a constant loop of that every time I started my computer, never getting past the password screen.

I decided to just reset the computer. A half hour later after redownloading windows, I open my laptop and restart the process of downloading everything again. Now, here and there still disconnecting from the wifi for seemingly no reason. This time, I decide to download the dell drivers first, in what I believe was the right order. When suddenly about halfway through the downloads I get another blue screen saying it has to restart, & now I'm stuck in another loop with a new error code after every restart. Reseting the PC now again. Very unpleased, unsure if it's a lemon or what to do now. Thank you

Hi,

What I can suggest is if after resetting the PC and installing the latest driver for the Wifi Adapter will result in the same problem, do take it back to the store where you purchased it from because it's not normal for a laptop to act that way.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RegisZDB Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 5
I Laptop Tech Support 13
T Laptop Tech Support 3
N Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 4
O Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 20
E Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 3