New CWK battery, system wont power on when using battery unless...

Vengeance_

Commendable
May 9, 2016
I recently got a new CWK battery from amazon ( https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RJU7VC4/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2HCPG3H9KRSGL&coliid=I3OQ8050HATFQD ) and the battery works fine but the system wont power on when on battery and the only way to power it on is with the AC adapter plugged into the notebook, however it can be removed once the notebook has powered up. The battery will often times report that it has 0% (even though it has plenty of charge in it) and will sometimes either charge up normally from zero and jump to 100% after 10 minutes or will stay at zero and then jump to 100% after 10 minutes. I dont know why its doing this and would like to know. Please help.

Solution
Well, if this is an after market battery, it may well not be putting out enough power for it to start your laptop. It can happen. You may actually need an OEM battery for it to work correctly. Some manufacturers have made their devices not work correctly with other batteries.

Also, you may want to check your charger cord for any issues. If it is damaged in any way (even if you don't see the damage) it won't be sending enough power to the device to both run it and charge it.
Well, if this is an after market battery, it may well not be putting out enough power for it to start your laptop. It can happen. You may actually need an OEM battery for it to work correctly. Some manufacturers have made their devices not work correctly with other batteries.

Also, you may want to check your charger cord for any issues. If it is damaged in any way (even if you don't see the damage) it won't be sending enough power to the device to both run it and charge it.

Solution