New iPod Nano Records Video, Has FM Tuner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanegeiger

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
I bought a Zune 8GB for the FM. Now all the Nano needs is WiFi sync to catch up. I want to Touch the Zune HD to compare to the iPhone. Touching is believing... just ask Nintendo.

ryanegeiger

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
[citation][nom]ryanegeiger[/nom]I bought a Zune 8GB for the FM. Now all the Nano needs is WiFi sync to catch up. I want to Touch the Zune HD to compare to the iPhone. Touching is believing... just ask Nintendo.[/citation]

Errr... I mean iPod Touch... whatever; you knew what I meant.

G

okay heres a question no ones asked yet:
how do you use the thing????

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
I agree with what I saw someone else say in one of these. "Because we really want another subpar camera to carry around with us".

I bet most people have camera phones, then they might have a DSi, which has another one. I rarely use one at all, why do they keep seeming to be convinced that we want the same crappy camera on every device we carry around?

ukcal

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
Also kind of stupid. I know the video quality is going to be far from HD, I would imagine 320 x 240? But on a 4Gb (and even 8Gb) there would barely be any space to record to anyway once one has put their entire music collection on there.

ukcal

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]@ ukcalThe smallest size is 8 GB, with an option for 16 GB[/citation]
"they made an example of the 4 GB Flip, in case you're interested"
I misread. :|
Though i suppose on 8Gb that's still a bit limiting with music AND video.

trih

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
[citation][nom]False_Dmitry_II[/nom]I agree with what I saw someone else say in one of these. "Because we really want another subpar camera to carry around with us".I bet most people have camera phones, then they might have a DSi, which has another one. I rarely use one at all, why do they keep seeming to be convinced that we want the same crappy camera on every device we carry around?[/citation]
I'd be really nice if some company actually delivered a good camera. I have a SonyEricsson phone with 5Mpix and the camera is scrotum-suckingly bad!

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
OK ummm now i'm getting confused. Iphod touch is like phone but no camera yet it has wifi but no FM tuner but nano has camera and FM but no wifi, yet the touch is more advanced with apps, while nano works like the classic but now has a few hardware quirks and the classic is just a massive storage brick and the suffle is a low profile music player?
SO to be the ultimate Mac Geek
I would wear my Ipod Shuffle listening to my favorite music
while I take pics/vids with my ipod nano
while surfing the web and playing with some cool apps on my ipod touch
while talking to buddies on my iphone
and then go home to listen to my ipodclassic that is docked in my home stereo.
Why can't apple make a product that does it all in one???

tburns1

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
At first I agreed with the general consensus -- a camera is stupid. But then thinking further, the iPod really isn't just an MP3 player. It is a media player. It plays MP3's, but it also plays movies, shows pictures, and plays (crappy) games. Why not home movies too? I definitely agree that it needs to support more codecs.

Status
Not open for further replies.