Solved! New pop up on Chrome Browser

Jan 19, 2019
Recently my HP Win 10 has been bombarded with some new pop ups that slide in from the left side of the screen. This has been occurring in the Chrome browser. You close one and another one opens up, then another and another. As suggested I checked in More Tools \ Extensions I do not find a related extension to eliminate. I ran a malware program and it finding nothing. The pop up blocker is turned on and is set too high. How do I eliminate this problem. Tnx

Solution
It might not be flagged as a virus, per se. Try a spyware cleaner (something like SUPERAntiSpyware), and even a system junk cleaner (Ccleaner, Glary Utilities, etc.)

You can also run your scans (full scan) in Safe Mode with non-Windows services turned off. That tends to yield more thorough results.
Jan 19, 2019
Just in case the first answer did not complete. I use the Adaware program. Windows 10 shows the DNS server name to be Automatic DHCP. My ISP is Spectrum and I use my own Trendnet router. It is my understanding that the designation Automatic indicates that the DNS used is selected by the ISP and changes frequently. These pop ups begin with a audible chime and no discernible pattern in the items and services in them. On the bottom of the pop ups in small print a tag like “Google Chrome • pushgaga.com. The underlined portion appears ,most often.

Have you tried any other ad-removal and/or spyware removal tools? I can't seem to find anything on "pushgaga" (doesn't even seem to be a valid domain name).

I suggest uninstalling Chrome, running a more thorough spyware/adware/malware check, and if that finds anything, then reinstall Chrome.

Jan 19, 2019
Yes, I have tried Adaware, Bitfinder and TotalAV. TotalAV was the only one to claim to have found malware. It found three pieces of malware. All three were removed. Chrome was reinstalled, the pop ups continued to show up inspite of that. As a comparison I activate internet explorer as a comparison. Thus far IE has been free of the pop ups.

It might not be flagged as a virus, per se. Try a spyware cleaner (something like SUPERAntiSpyware), and even a system junk cleaner (Ccleaner, Glary Utilities, etc.)

You can also run your scans (full scan) in Safe Mode with non-Windows services turned off. That tends to yield more thorough results.

Solution
Jan 19, 2019
I can now report that the problem has been successfully solved and corrected. My thanks to Laptop Master of Prostar Computer for providing a correct solution. I downloaded SUPERanti spyware pro and was about to abandon Chrome to go back to internet explorer. As suggested I placed the PC in safe mode and ran the SUJPERanti again. The program found about 50 new problems and removed them all. Running the program in safe mode has eliminated the pesky pop ups. I give the SUPERanti a big thumbs up. And a big thumbs up to Laptop Master for pointing out the need to run the program in safe mode. Thanks You All! I have just one question to find out is, Should we make it a practice to use safe mode when running any future malware searches? Thanks again,

Thanks c1sanford70, and kudos to SUPERAntiSpyware!

Routine malware/spyware scans are fine to run in a normal Windows environment. If you suspect something bad has made it through, it is better practice to run your scans in Safe Mode, and it's also not a bad idea to run a utility called RKill to attempt to terminate any processes that a suspect virus might be latching onto and hiding behind.