New TV advice 4k or better 1080

Extremerc12

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013
Hello everyone, We are in the process of renovating our living room and actually finishing it up. We picked up our new audio towers and stands and what have you, but we are going to move one of our TV in the house to the living room. With that said, I am going to need to replace my tv in my room and have been eyeing a couple that I would prefer to go and purchase today so everything can be complete. I was looking at the following: Sharp Aquos LC50UB30U - 50" 4K http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sharp-aquos-50-class-49-6-diag--led-2160p-smart-4k-ultra-hd-tv-black/4255103.p?id=1219625982468&skuId=4255103 Sharp Aquos Q LC-60EQ10U - 60" 1080P http://www.sharpusa.com/ForHome/HomeEntertainment/LCDTV/Models/LC60EQ10U.aspx The tv that is being moved and replaced is a 46" Sharp Aquos LCD. The main use of the new tv will be for Blu-Rays/Netflix/PS4 and Xbox One. I also have a dedicated HDMI running from my computer to the television as well (I don't do this very often but I can). Both of those TV's can be had for around $600 from Best Buy and PC Richard respectively. Now, I am aware there isn't much 4K content around and the console cannot output at 4K, but I am not sure if it is worth going for the 4K or going with a higher end 1080p. Please let me know your thoughts as I am quite torn over this. Thanks Chris

chuffingknutt

Estimable
Aug 29, 2015
If it were for a man cave i'd get both. My 'man cave' is what the wife calls my 'stinky corner', I'm consigned to the corner of the living room to do my gaming so if i had the luxury of a real man cave I'd spoil myself with both. 4 k pc gaming on the 50 incher, swivel round to the 60 incher for console gaming and a little bell to draw my wifes attention to the fact i need a beer from the fridge located 3 foot away. but one can dream but devils advocate for you i'd opt for the 60 incher.

Extremerc12

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013
I picked up a 55 inch Vizio E55-C1, but I am not happy with the backlight bleed in the blacks. The Aquos is an open box (being sold Certified at Best Buy) without a box. For the price (under $600) I find it hard to believe it is not a better tv than the Vizio I picked up.

Thoughts?