Estimable
Oct 21, 2014
My Specs are
R9 270X Gigabyte
CPU : core i3 1st Gen
MotherBoard : H55MXV
Ram : 4GB

Onboard VGA works. but PSU is 450W.

When i installed GPU and and monitor connected to the onboard VGA to check my PC detecting new card. but it won't display anything. if i remove the card then it works

Chathura Lakmal

Estimable
Oct 21, 2014

Yes POST beep occur. in my BIOS i can see is. Initiate Graphic Adapter : PEG/PCI(Selected), IGD, PCI/IGD,PCI/PEG,PEG/IGD

mouse24

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
Also the monitor cable needs to be plugged into the GPU and not the motherboard. (Missed this in your opening post when I read it the first time. This is probably your issue)

Chathura Lakmal

Estimable
Oct 21, 2014

Oops i accidentally clicked this as solved.i don't know how to remove it.. anyway in both ways its not working. when i plugged in to GPU fan is working so fast with sound..but no display. but when i connect to onboard VGA fans working normal but no video

OptimusPavlos1

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
For a system using a single AMD Reference Design Radeon R9 270X graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 500 Watt or greater system power supply. The power supply should also have a maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 30 Amps or greater and have at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.
Try and see if you can try your card out on another pc. Also have u plugged in the 2 6pin connectors? You need two of these or maybe did you forget?

Chathura Lakmal

Estimable
Oct 21, 2014

Yes. i plugged those 6 pin connectors too. problem is why Onboard VGA also not working when card is there. when i remove the card only onBoard VGA works.. better to check with another PC. thanks

mouse24

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010

Thats what I'd do. If there is no output on that PC either I'd send it back as DoA.

OptimusPavlos1

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013

Just make sure the pc you test it on has an adequate power supply because that is the most likely cause for this issue. It will not display images unless the correct supply is given. And I don't think your pc's supply cuts it.

Chathura Lakmal

Estimable
Oct 21, 2014

What do you mean by this? "And I don't think your pc's supply cuts it."

OptimusPavlos1

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
I meant to say pc's power supply. I mean I think your psu is at fault. However I am not jumping to conclusion just passing suggestions try the card on pc with 500w psu certified bronze or higher psu.

anthony8989

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013
Lol the card won't over load the PSU on startup and idle. Maybe at 75% load or higher.

Chances are you have a DOA card or a faulty PCI-e express slot. But in my experince if the PCIe slot is defective with a card it in the computer automatically shifts display to the iGPU. Since yours only alternates when the card is removed I'd say the video card is defective. Test it in another system to confirm and report back here for further analysis.