New Xbox Boasts 250GB HDD, Wireless and More

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
Wow, having your thunder stolen by an ad on an Italian web site. Who else thinks Steve Ballmer is furious enough to throw a chair across the Atlantic?

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
How about a total revamp of the insides (cpu/graphic) and support of regular hard drives (maybe hot swappable).

Built in wifi is good - darn shame they are this late.

halls

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
[citation][nom]joebob2000[/nom]...Who else thinks Steve Ballmer is furious enough to throw a chair across the Atlantic?[/citation]
Hah, absolutely.

Too bad the WiFi is just now being integrated into the box.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Meh, that really isn't a big announcement at all. Doesn't everyone that wants an xbox already own one? Although I guess there's always the RROD people that need to buy a new one (I know I did).

azconnie

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
I just hpe they fixed that coolong problem. I had to RMA mine 3 times, and subsiquently abandoned it for the PC.

Vampyrbyte

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
Just like with the PS3 slim, the actual hardware will change very little as it will have to support all current xbox360's software and new xbox360 software will still have to support the older hardware. At best its just some more effiencent cooling and Wi-Fi on the inside.

CoryInJapan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
How about the anouncement of the next gen of consoles so the games can finally start taking more advantage of the power the PC has.Some native DX11 games and Native DX11 consoles?

ordcestus

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]Meh, that really isn't a big announcement at all. Doesn't everyone that wants an xbox already own one? Although I guess there's always the RROD people that need to buy a new one (I know I did).[/citation]
Actually i'm planning on getting a new xbox for the much larger hard drive. i still have the one i got on launch day and never had a problem except one dead game

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I know people have been clamoring for wi-fi for years but I really don't know why. I have a PS3 with wi-fi but I much prefer having the ethernet than wi-fi. Of course having the option is better than not having the option but the addition of wi-fi won't make me want an Xbox 360 anymore than I did before.

Lewis57

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
I may look into this one, if it comes out expensive, then screw it, it should knock down the prices of the older consoles and i'll pick up one on the cheap. :)

miloo

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
sorry to say that ~ it looks like SHIT
Hopefully this is not the real one mate ~

I dont think ppl will get that with the lame design.

kenwheeler77

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
My old PS3 has had this for years. It seems that the XBOX is now trying to catch up. No, not a fanboy here as my PS3 is mainly used for Blu-Ray playback. I wouldn't mind getting an XBOX as another media extender, I'm just saying... they're a little behind the times and if this is BIG news....

bv90andy

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
[citation][nom]ordcestus[/nom]Actually i'm planning on getting a new xbox for the much larger hard drive. i still have the one i got on launch day and never had a problem except one dead game[/citation]
why waste money on a new box when you can buy a 250GB Western Digital and easily make it work on xbox? you just need to wait until they release the 250GB model for the firmware(or whatever that thing is that needs moding). Google it, you'll see how easy it is.

Hellboy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
and the big news is

microsoft dont give us what we want again part 10

even the wii had wifi

and why only 250

for a few quid more a 500gb 2.5 inch could be fitted..

oh well

more movies on demand
blue ray added would of been nice

ok what we really need is.

a new reliable xbox in 3d, blueray, wifi, bluetooth - which connects to a portable device - like a psp go - callit microsoft travel if u like with the power of the old xbox.

bring in natal as standard as well as a xbox pad ( like wii fit board ) etc

which doesnt look like its a minger

Status
Not open for further replies.