Solved! no display but fans working and power and charging indicator on

Nov 3, 2020
help! i am using an acer aspire e15 e5-575g with geforce 940mx and intel i5-6200u, 8gb ram (4gb ram on 2 slots.

i did a benchmark test before changing the thermal paste. after that, i reapplied the thermal paste and booted up my laptop (with the back cover on but no screws attached in case i encounter a problem). it was running and i even did a benchmark test again to see results. i shut off my laptop to screw the back cover. there was a cable underneath the ram slot so i removed my ram and fixed the placement of the cable before returning the ram back again.

i turned on the laptop and there was no display so i plugged in my charger and i heard the beep sound (indicates that it is charging). there was no beeping sound but the power and battery indicator (blue and orange) were both on and i could hear the fans and hdd running. i even tried to connect my external monitor but it receives no signal. i also tried to connect my mechanical keyboard but the mkb did not even turn on. what could possibly the problem? did the benchmark test (overclocking) affect my bios so now it wont even boot to post or bios?

Solution
Running a benchmark test is not overclocking, and won't have anything to do with the BIOS. Most likely thing is whatever you did with the laptop when it was open damaged something. Cable is not connected properly, of you damaged a component inside.
Running a benchmark test is not overclocking, and won't have anything to do with the BIOS. Most likely thing is whatever you did with the laptop when it was open damaged something. Cable is not connected properly, of you damaged a component inside.

Solution