No LCD picture but working backlight and digitizer

docrupert

Estimable
Apr 5, 2015
I have a Fujitsu lifebook T5010 and the LCD screen does not display a picture. The backlight still works and is adjustable, and since this is a "swivel tablet" I can verify the screen digitizer is also working correctly. I am able to output picture through VGA to an external monitor with no problem.

I tried replacing the lcd screen but the encountered the same problem with a new identical screen. The cable running between the motherboard and screen+digitizer does not appear to be damaged.
Can someone help me identify the cause of this problem?

Hi,

When you replaced the LCD with a new one did it also came with a new ribbon cable? If it didn't come with one I would suggest replacing it as well. But if replacing the ribbon cable will also still not work unfortunately it's the GPU that is faulty already even though it's still working with an external monitor. :(

docrupert

Estimable
Apr 5, 2015
No, the new lcd didn't come with a new cable. I have no way to test the cable either other than visual inspection.

For more info, here's how the problem occurred:
I awoke the computer from sleep and the screen froze on the password enter screen. When it froze, I closed the laptop lid, then opened it again. This caused the picture to disappear from the screen but the backlight remained lit. The picture has never returned

combinebasic

Estimable
Dec 23, 2015
Might be a lose contact only, this notebook have a removable LCD right?The backlight you mean is understood that the LCD panel is good. Now that pins that connect between the LCD and the vga connector in your mobo is the problem. Check it? dismantle your notebook to see the part I said.

docrupert

Estimable
Apr 5, 2015
The screen is not removable, it is able to swivel and lay flat on the keyboard. A pen is used to write on the screen for notes, drawing, etc.
I removed the screen by disassembling most of the machine, but I'll hit all the connections with some compressed air to make sure it wasn't just a bad connection.

docrupert

Estimable
Apr 5, 2015
Well I've taken a look at the cable and there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with it. I reconnected the screen to mobo but the problem remains.
It looks like the GPU is to blame based on process of elimination. I'm not sure I'll be able to fix it.
Will I be able to fix this problem by replacing the CPU?

TRENDING THREADS