No signal on external monitor using samsung r530 laptop - i was working until restart

Dawn69

Commendable
Jan 30, 2017
Please help. i have a samsung r530 laptop. i been using external monitor for a month because my screen is damaged. One day i restarted the laptop and it began to go right to sleep mode. i pressed fn+f4, cleaned the pc inside, checked the rams but nothing works. still is on sleep mode. i see the laptop is working because the lights are switching on and the fan i running. please help.

Are you sure it is actually on sleep and that the external monitor is now not working correctly?

Try disconnecting the external monitor and turn off the laptop, reconnect the external monitor and then turn on the laptop again.

Should this not work, try a different cord or monitor.

Are you sure it is actually on sleep and that the external monitor is now not working correctly?

Try disconnecting the external monitor and turn off the laptop, reconnect the external monitor and then turn on the laptop again.

Should this not work, try a different cord or monitor.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 0
Andrusky Laptop Tech Support 0
N Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 3
L Laptop Tech Support 4
C Laptop Tech Support 3
M Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 7
O Laptop Tech Support 1