No sound blu ray connected to projector via hdmi

ryerye11

Prominent
Aug 26, 2017
I have my bluray player connected to my projector via HDMI I am getting picture but no sound the projector came with two external speakers one auxiliary that plugs into the headphone and one USB to power them

Solution
Does the projector have a volume control?
Some projectors will only output sound from the analog audio inputs not the HDMI input. Pretty stupid but it saves them some money. You can check this by connecting your phone to an audio input on the projector.
If this is the case your options are
1. Buy an HDMI input selector with audio extraction to connect the speakers.
2. Convert the coax digital output of the bluray to analog with a digital to analog converter.
Does the projector have a volume control?
Some projectors will only output sound from the analog audio inputs not the HDMI input. Pretty stupid but it saves them some money. You can check this by connecting your phone to an audio input on the projector.
If this is the case your options are
1. Buy an HDMI input selector with audio extraction to connect the speakers.
2. Convert the coax digital output of the bluray to analog with a digital to analog converter.

Solution

ryerye11

Prominent
Aug 26, 2017
OK so I hooked up the laptop to the projector with HDMI and sound works fine now , so for whatever reason the HDMI won't work with the Blu-ray player as far as sound goes, not sure why though .