No sound on PC connected to my TV

G

Hello,

I connected my PC with my led TV by a DVI-HDMI cable and an RCA-Jack cable (the TV is the only display I plugged in the computer), everything is working but there is no sound.

This is what I have done:
1. Connected my TV with my PC with DVI-D - HDMI cable (the cables HDMI side in the TVs HDMI1 and the cables DVI side in my computer because there is no HDMI on my motherboard and no DVI on my TV).
2. Plugged in a RCA-3.5mm Jack cable (RCA side to the TV and the jack to the PC).

There is 4 HDMI on my TV. When I plugged in the DVI-HDMI cable to the TV, my computer said that my TV doesn't support audio. I tried AMD Catalyst settings, but it says what my computer said.

My TV: Samsung UE40F6320
CPU: AMD A4 5300
Graphics: I use the proceccors graphics card AMD Radeon HD 7480D
My motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DS2
Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Any ideas how to get sound from my computer through my TV?

// Sorry for my english

Solution

kelvkelv

Estimable
Sep 7, 2015
Your Samsung UE40F6320 does not have a "PC/DVI Audio In" port. As stated in your manual
"DVI cannot carry audio. To listen to the computer sound, connect the external speaker to the
computer’s audio output connector."

If you plan to upgrade to a PCIE graphic card that has HDMI output, you can connect a HDMI-HDMI cable directly to your TV. It does both video & audio in a single HDMI cable, so you dont need an additional cable for sound.