No sound/poor sound quality (WIN 10, driver problem)

Feb 24, 2018
The issue: No sound/poor sound quality

I have the following PC:
==================

• * OS: Windows 10 Home Edition, Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299
    * System Model: Aspire SW3-013
    * System Type: X86-based PC
    * System SKU: Aspire SW3-013_1007_1.02
    * Processor: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU Z3735F @ 1.33GHz, 1329 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    * BIOS Version/Date: INSYDE Corp. V1.02, 09/03/2015

I have the following drivers installed:
===================

• * Realtek I2S Audio Codec
    * Intel SST Audio Device (WDM)
The sound doesn't work at all, except when I install the drivers from Acer's website. However, in doing so, the sound does come out but it is all tinny and high pitched across the internal speakers, my earphones and over Bluetooth.

When I test the sound (and no sound can be heard) using the "play test sound" feature, the green bars that rise and fall when a tone is playing responds, but no sound can be heard.

There are NO YELLOW TRIANGLE WARNING SIGNS on ANY of the drivers WHEN SOUND IS DETECTED

There ARE YELLOW TRIANGLE WARNING SIGNS on BOTH drivers stated WHEN SOUND IS NOT DETECTED/FUNCTIONAL (i.e. No audio device is installed)

I have tried:
===================

• * Resetting the PC;
    * Reinstalling Windows 10, TWICE;
    * Updating/Reinstalling the drivers named above, both from "legacy hardware"
    * Safe mode boots
    * Advanced start-ups
    * chkdsk, sfc /scannow
None of which has solved my problem.

Any suggestions?

hang-the-9

Titan
You did not really list anything about the issue, do you have no sound, or it's not good? Are you just using the internal speakers of the laptop? If so, yes they will often be pretty bad. If you have no sound, did you install the drivers from Acer support?

hang-the-9

Titan
You did not really list anything about the issue, do you have no sound, or it's not good? Are you just using the internal speakers of the laptop? If so, yes they will often be pretty bad. If you have no sound, did you install the drivers from Acer support?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
META313. Laptop Tech Support 0
Exi Laptop Tech Support 1
Amerull10 Laptop Tech Support 1
Q Laptop Tech Support 2
RoyalKem Laptop Tech Support 0
B Laptop Tech Support 7
leecan'tdrawlol Laptop Tech Support 2
Z Laptop Tech Support 5
xShura93 Laptop Tech Support 3
SamWinsor Laptop Tech Support 7
S Laptop Tech Support 1