No sound through dvi to hdmi cable

pejones

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
I use dvi to hdmi cable to connect computer to tv, I am not able to get sound through this setup. How can i get sound?

kahoona

Distinguished
May 26, 2010
To the best of my knowledge DVI only carries picture info. That is what I use. I connect the sound through a separate digital RCA or digital optical cable. Hope that answers your question.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dinesh2358 Audio 3
W Audio 3
johnmetro Audio 1
R Audio 2
Z Audio 1
Not_techy Audio 1
M Audio 1
guizmopeg Audio 2
Amyo Audio 3
Tg123456$&@ Audio 3
C Audio 1
J Audio 4
V Audio 1
J Audio 4
M Audio 1
K Audio 2
A Audio 1
J Audio 1
K Audio 2
B Audio 1
Similar threads
Question How to make soundcore Infini pro to produce sound through Optical cable?
Question What happens if I connect RCA of a sterio speaker (3.5mm male to be used for line out)to line in of CPU ? Does it cause any harm to my speaker?
Question Headphone cord snagged onto desk, now sound is distorted.
Solved! Need sound for projector from cable box
Question No 5.1 sound Win10, splitter hdmi2.2 IN/passthrough/optical+hdmi2.2 OUT, 4k 60Hz uhd projector, dolby atmos soundbar
Question Vizio sound bar stopped recognizing digital optic cable
Question Creative T15 Wireless playing sound only from left speaker when using aux
Question Can't properly transfer TV sound to sound system
Question What sound bar will connect with a coaxial input cable
Question Can't get sound from my tv to speaker system via 3.5mm audio cable.
When I connect my Humax to my Yamaha surround sound via a HDMI cable I have sound but the picture drops out after 5seconds.
Solved! digital cable won't stick in the Vizo sound bar
Solved! Bad sound signal to JBL LSR305p's
Solved! Can't get sound from TV speakers and headphones simultaneously
Solved! I plugged in my sound at via digital optical cable and when I select digital on the sound at it makes a loud noise
Solved! Sonos Soundbar + Westinghouse TV - No ARC/Optical Audio Options
Solved! Blackweb sound bar to a sceptre TV
Solved! How can I play sound at the same both from my laptop and my extended monitor I connected with HDMI cable?
Solved! Connecting sound bar to the tv through optical cable
Have a Bluetooth receiver from a small 2 speaker sound bar want to wire it to aux cable to connect phone Bluetooth to non Blue

ASK THE COMMUNITY