Nokia Recalls 14M Chargers Over Shock Hazard

Status
Not open for further replies.

CChick

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
[citation][nom]lubitz_420[/nom]Wow where's the logic behind that one?[/citation]

Stop asking for cheap shit then.

arrghushakaboorga

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2009
[citation][nom]frozenlead[/nom]This is quite a shock. At least Nokia has the capacitance to admit it's mistakes.[/citation]
oh man... puns all around. haha I like it.

G

$1 is not the cost for manufacturing the charger, its the cost for this recall (of course after the bean counter sophisticated calculation)

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Shocking news indeed. They noticed the problem only after 14 million chargers have been issued? What routine quality control processes are they doing?

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]__-_-_-__[/nom]I've 2 of those "faulty" chargers.... they are not faulty. you have to be extremely unlucky and extremely stupid and you have to do it on purpose to have an electrical shock.this is just marketing really.[/citation]

There are plenty of extremely stupid people in the world and you can't count on luck for anything. I find it more believable to say Nokia put a charger through the wringer and found a possible weakness somewhere along the line than to say the company is paying a partner to replace 14m chargers because they want to look like they care about customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.