Not enough space to set computer to factory, and I physically cant clear up any more space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2018
Okay, so I have this literal piece of crap laptop my Fiance is trying to sell. In order to sell it, it needs to be factory reset. The laptop is an Acer Aspire One Cloudbook 14 AO1-431. Its literally the cheapest laptop you can buy at a Walmart/Tesco. This laptop only comes with 30 gigs of storage. Now the issue isnt with me, I know how to set a computer to factory, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to clear off enough space to set this dammned laptop to factory. I have uninstalled literally everything that I possibly could, I have done disk cleanup. There's literally nothing else on the computer except for what would come out of the box. This harddrive only has 2.13 gigs out of 29 gigs available and I need another 3.5 gigs to set it to factory. I've been trying to figure this out for the last 6 hours and I'm about to give up. Is there any way I can set this damned thing to factory? Theres physically nothing else I can see that I can uninstall/delete off the computer before I start deleting essential files for the computer. Im trying to avoid having to buy an external HD/SSD just to set this bloody thing to factory. Could anyone help me out with pointers?

Solution

No problem then.
From a different PC, create a USB Win 10 install.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Boot from that, and do a full wipe and reinstall.
How to do a CLEAN installation of Windows 10
Section II, Step 6 & 7 speak to deleting all existing partitions.

After the OS is installed, you can install any device specific drivers. Touchpad, for instance.

Yes, this works.
I have a Asus Transformer with a similar size little eMMC drive.
Just to a full wipe and reinstall.

luckymatt42

Great
May 23, 2018
Do you still happen to have any disks or documentation that came with the laptop? It might have a "reinstall" utility or something on the disk.

You could also download the windows media creation tool and do a fresh Windows install (it gives you the option to overwrite existing data).

USAFRet

Illustrious

No problem then.
From a different PC, create a USB Win 10 install.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Boot from that, and do a full wipe and reinstall.
How to do a CLEAN installation of Windows 10
Section II, Step 6 & 7 speak to deleting all existing partitions.

After the OS is installed, you can install any device specific drivers. Touchpad, for instance.

Yes, this works.
I have a Asus Transformer with a similar size little eMMC drive.
Just to a full wipe and reinstall.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.