Solved! Notebook power button not working

Aug 27, 2018
Hi everybody,

the power button of my notebook (Acer aspire timelinex 5830 tg) has broken, so I can not turn it on anymore.
I was wondering if there is an alternative way of turning the laptop on that does not require the power button. Any suggestion is welcome.

Thank you very much.

Aug 27, 2018

Thank you for the answer. I would not mind replacing the power button. The problem is that I looked all over the internet and I could not find the power button of my model. Does it need to be exactly the same or a similar one will do? Thanks a lot.

To be honest I don't believe another devices would work, but then it really depends on the manufacturer's way of doing things. I would check with them to see if another models will indeed work for your device. Some companies use the same or similar parts of different devices and some make sure every one has different parts.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DariusEldritch Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 1
arthurdurand Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 4
W Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 3
P Laptop Tech Support 3
L Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 1
Y Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question ASUS notebook X550ZA doesnt power on.
Solved! hp pavilion entertainment notebook has not been used for while. i tried to turn on but it wont turn on. power light and charge
Solved! Dell Inspiron 3552 turns on automatically on AC power but doesn't POST!
Help mini laptop wont turn on
Solved! Samsung Laptop Powers ON, fan spins harder than before but the screen is Blank
Solved! Toshiba notebook, with random freezing problem if connected to power source
Solved! HDD and ODD no power and response
Solved! Asus Vivobook Flip 14 TP412UA not turning on
Solved! Dell Precision M6500 - Random Lock-Up's & System will Power On without pressing Power Button?
hp notebook 15-ba009dx white blinking light. wont power on.
Laptop won't turn on, works and then breaks with new battery after 30 minutes, and won't run off of AC power
Mecer notebook is not working. The only working button is the power button. What could be the problem?
My notebook power button remain on for 5 sec and then switch off it's battery is inbuilt help me
My asus notebook won't turn on even after i tried the methods where you hold your power button for 45 seconds
My power button light dim and my laptop randomly shutdown automatically please help me.. i have hp notebook 1000
ASUS Q301L Notebook PC won't turn on, power button won't work, and light won't come on when plugged into charger.
my power button is flashing white twice then amber twice, the notebook starts but the screen doesnt switch on, any help?
my accer notebook d270 not opening..when i press the power button light is working..but next moment gettiing poweroff..
I turn on my Acer d270 notebook, the power button is on but I cannot hear any fan running.
i have acer notebook d270. while i am press the power button only light blink for 10 second and after that nothing displyed an

ASK THE COMMUNITY