NYPD Creating Mobile Street Scanners for Concealed Weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcvf

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
I thought that people had right to carry a weapon for their protection in U.S, but I guess I was wrong. Even from this article we can deduce conclusion having weapon = being suspicious and dangerous.

dickcheney

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
[citation][nom]mcvf[/nom]I thought that people had right to carry a weapon for their protection in U.S, but I guess I was wrong. Even from this article we can deduce conclusion having weapon = being suspicious and dangerous.[/citation]

The right of the cops to violate your rights is an American value!

spookie

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
hopefully the range won't get bigger, for now we should just walk as far away from the road when we see a police car

spookie

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
hopefully the range won't get bigger, for now we should just walk as far away from the road when we see a police car

millerm84

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
[citation][nom]lord captivus[/nom]I dont have anything to hide...do you?[/citation]

No, I have nothing to hind and no the police have no reason to look and see if I do. This technology is fine for police personal who have a search warrant to search a building and it's occupants, but to be used on the streets without warrant or consent of those scanned presents a Constitutional Rights violation. This technology should only be used when a person would otherwise be patted down. The argument that police can search you because you have nothing to hide is crap and should be treated as such.

US_Ranger

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
So what happens when someone has a concealed weapons permit and is legally carrying a firearm? Guns drawn from the police while being told to get on the ground?

oboelcke

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
Terahertz radiation unzips your DNA! This is scary stuff on many levels. Thank heavens I live in a state where it is legal to defend yourself. 1984 is now.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
America does not understand that PRIVACY includes within it the right to do things which the police may not like. That's part of the whole deal. This is just one more step towards the destruction of the USA. It is a horrible country and I am glad I left.

oboelcke

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
[citation][nom]Koga73[/nom]and if i have a concealed weapons permit?[/citation]

Don't you understand? Once they deploy this we will all be safe. You will have no need for that silly permit anymore. /sarc

Status
Not open for further replies.