Obama Admin Creating ''Shadow'' Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I'd like to have something like that here in the US.

Then again I imagine pedophiles would want a network like that.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
[citation][nom]wasabiman123[/nom]If they even mess with iran or syria i will be pissed. Destabilizing countries=me no likey[/citation]

A lot of those countries are strung so tight with oppression that they destablize themselves, as we have currently seen.

Only when the people are politically brainwashed properly by their governments will they not destablize.

All this will do is allow for people who want choice to be able to actually communicate with the outside world insted of being told what they can and cannot do.

felipex

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
This coming from a Country that prohibited exporting of strong cryptographic algorithms, which could have been used to promote free speech in secure networks. A Country that tries to scoop into everyone's messages on the internet. Well, you can say what you want but it doesn't change anything, just like Justin Sullivan said decades ago...

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]mienai ninja[/nom]I'd like to have something like that here in the US.Then again I imagine pedophiles would want a network like that.[/citation]

they already have things close to that. black markets are around for a reason.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]SmileyTPB1[/nom]Great, now Obama is going to claim that he invented the internet.[/citation]
And John McCain invented blackberries :p

jprahman

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
Strong cryptographic algorithms have nothing to do with free speech in oppressed countries. They cannot facilitate communications if the government shutdowns the communication networks.

G

So $52 million for "shadow Internet"...wow....How many teachers were fired this week? Is country is so screwed up with its priorities.

aoneone

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
ROFL.

"The American government is establishing an underground Internet and mobile phone service to keep free speech alive and kicking worldwide."

As to question if "non shadow" Internet is able to keep free speech alive and kicking worldwide?

Ah... I can slowly feel my brain get dumber by the minute. I feel so average...

G

2,000,000 hahaha

Look into OLSR..

a few linksys WRT54 routers and a hacked Friefunk firmware and you can have your orn mesh network....

G

al gore invented the internet....now this bonehead kenyan claims credit for creating "shadow" internet.....the keyword here is "shadow" ...what a racist word....negroes hiding in the shadow(s)...now eat mangoes....NOT watermelons

kev85044

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
I wish the we (the U.S.) would just hurry up and institute marshal law...over the entire world. Or...eh, have we already done that? I guess we can do what ever we want. If I'm really good, can I have Columbia, I'll never ask for anything else again, I promise.

G

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Yeah right, Obama and his cronies want free speech for all. Right now the Bilderberg group is meeting to discuss censoring free speech on the Internet - and the US is part of that initiative. This is a diversion to try and make people trust the cronies.

G

This operation was well underway before Obama became president. All that Obama did was take a classified project, declassify it, and give it to the Muslim world. News media, like Tom's, really should report the facts and let you decide what you think about it, instead of putting political spin on things.

Status
Not open for further replies.