Office 2010 install problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

kojo87

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
hi everyone

i am trying to install Microsoft Office 2010 on my desktop but every i try i get an error that says "Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error: Microsoft Office 2010 does not support upgrading from a prerelease version of Microsoft Office 2010. You must first uninstall any prerelease versions of Microsoft Office 2010 products and associated technologies. Correct the issue listed above and re-run setup"

obviously i have made sure that all other version of Office are uninstalled. i've Googled the hell out of this and the only thing i can find is to use the Windows Install Cleanup program from Microsoft to completely remove any data the tech preview or beta may have left behind. i installed it and about 20 Office related programs show up on the list. the problem is, every time i try to remove them, it takes friggin forever. CPU load goes to 50% and stays that way until i terminate the program. i let it run for 4 hours once before i assumed it was not working.

so i guess my question is how do i either get this Windows Install Cleanup to run, or what are my other options for installing Office 2010? thanks in advance!

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
If you don't have the Office 2010 Beta installer anymore, you could also try using CCleaner to remove registry references to it that might be stumping the Office 2010 RTM installer.

stormchazer

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
First run an unistaller (like suggested above) then try a reinstall - only difference, when it asks you for the installation directory give some other name instead of the default (program files\Microsoft Office). Give msofficenew or something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.