Old HP Mini wouldnt detect bootable USB

iDamnIT

Estimable
Jan 25, 2016
hai

i've got a problematic notebook (hp mini) laying around so i thought i want to install windows 10 on it and see if the problem goes away. it is currently running a Windows 7. so i created bootable usb using rufus, and plugged in the usb on the notebook, but sadly it didnt boot from my usb. it is running insyde h20 bios, which i really cant find much in there. i just rearranged the boot order, but sometimes upon restart, it resets itself due to "cmos something" related.

it will give me a continuous loud beeping sound on the "windows is loading files" screen. and it will directly bring me to recovery manager screen, where i have the option to do system restore, reformat to out-of-the-box, cmd etc but none of which seems to helped me. i used cmd and curiously i formatted my OS folder, and now i have no OS installed. upon booting, it will just say missing operating system.

is there a way for me to let this old notebook to detect my usb and possibly install windows 10 on it? the only thing i know of that i can control is the bios by pressing F10. F8 doesnt seem to work anymore.

ps. i tried removing the ram stick and replace it, also the hdd. held power button for atleast 30 seconds to drain power but to no avail. < this is before i format os folder. and also i cant boot to safemode since the start, it will give me the safemode wallpaper but eventually the recovery manager would pop up. keep in mind i also dont have cd slot as this is only a mini laptop

iDamnIT

Estimable
Jan 25, 2016
whoopsie doosie, sometimes the ultimate answer is to spam the hell out of the keyboard and magic will soon happen. i literally pressed i dont even know what, and i saw the screen says "press any key to boot from usb" and im like heck yeaaaaaaaaaaah.

i spammed the key Esc, F1, F4, F5, Del, PrtSc, F12, F11 so it must be one of those keys.