old projector without HDMI to connect to my av receiver

gello18

Commendable
Nov 1, 2016
Good Day everyone,
ive purchased an old Projector (Hitachi Pj-TX100).since its an old projector, the only available ports are: Component, DVI-D, S-Video, Video, Computer and Control ports..Now, i have the latest version of AV Receiver (Onkyo TX-NR636) which has 6 nos. of HDMI ports,Component IN/OUT. My question is, how can i connect the projector to my av receiver? and also, i have connected my WD Media player, DVD player to the receiver. if i want to play some movies using either of this two by just selecting an inputs from my receiver automatically without removing any cable or exchanging cables.

ill appreciate so much for any help

gello18

budwich

Honorable
Oct 30, 2015
just buy a hdmi to dvi adapter plug to convert the signal to the right physical connector at the projector and run an hdmi cable from the receiver to the projector. DVI and hdmi are basically the same signal except for the physical connector (of course, there is some "issue" with sound... DVI-D does not have sound "carriage" but you don't need that at your projector since you are using your receiver).

budwich

Honorable
Oct 30, 2015
just buy a hdmi to dvi adapter plug to convert the signal to the right physical connector at the projector and run an hdmi cable from the receiver to the projector. DVI and hdmi are basically the same signal except for the physical connector (of course, there is some "issue" with sound... DVI-D does not have sound "carriage" but you don't need that at your projector since you are using your receiver).

gello18

Commendable
Nov 1, 2016

budwich

Honorable
Oct 30, 2015
according to the spec on the projector, the port is hdcp compliant so you should have no issue although in the world of hdcp, little can be said of any devices, new and old, having no issues with this spec. :-(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Streaming Video & TVs 4
blue_duck Streaming Video & TVs 6
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
H Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 1