Olympus Fe-4010

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

XD card formatting help, because when i put it into the camera, it wont work. the card is brand new, and it says clean card, or format, and when i press to format, it says card error.

Solution

The fake cards are extremely hard to detect, and sometimes originate from the factory itself!

Unscrupulous employees get access to defective or sub-standard cards, use factory packaging and sell them on the secondary market. Sooner or later, these fake cards get mixed in with the legitimate cards, and there lies the problem. I am not implying that all cards sold at reputable stores are fake, but what I am saying is that there are some fakes unwittingly sold at reputable stores.

I read about this on one of 'Kim Kommando's Newsletters' - if you search her...
G

The thing is that I've already tried an sd card, and it isnt compatible with the camera, and the XD card was bought at a Best Buy, and is a PNY brand XD- Picture Card.

The fake cards are extremely hard to detect, and sometimes originate from the factory itself!

Unscrupulous employees get access to defective or sub-standard cards, use factory packaging and sell them on the secondary market. Sooner or later, these fake cards get mixed in with the legitimate cards, and there lies the problem. I am not implying that all cards sold at reputable stores are fake, but what I am saying is that there are some fakes unwittingly sold at reputable stores.

I read about this on one of 'Kim Kommando's Newsletters' - if you search her newsletters/tech articles data base, you may find the writeup. Scary!

Try your card in a different camera; maybe on a demo camera at the store. This may provide further insight to the issue.

Good luck and Happy New Year!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.