On my toshiba, Windows 8, I must reset resolution all the time

Aug 5, 2018
At least once a day and usually 5 or 6 times, it changes by itself again. So I change it to highest resolution and around and around we go. And I do check to accept these changes, when asked.

I hesitate to take for service, don’t trust that something else wont go wrong when they fix this problem.

What is most likely cause and resolution (no pun intended) to this problem. Thanks.

Solution
Which model Toshiba?

Unfortunately, Windows 8 is not being truly supported. Some update may be the reason the resolution keeps dropping.....

Have you tried downloading and reinstalling the applicable drivers via Toshiba's website or the video card's manufacturer?

See if newer drivers are available and, if so, install and reconfigure.

Failing that, just try downloading and reinstalling the current drivers. May be that the current installation has been corrupted.

Which model Toshiba?

Unfortunately, Windows 8 is not being truly supported. Some update may be the reason the resolution keeps dropping.....

Have you tried downloading and reinstalling the applicable drivers via Toshiba's website or the video card's manufacturer?

See if newer drivers are available and, if so, install and reconfigure.

Failing that, just try downloading and reinstalling the current drivers. May be that the current installation has been corrupted.

Solution