Onkyo HT-RC260 HDMI and Optical problem plz help

xjovex

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2010
I'm having some trouble with a connection between my PC and reciever, hopefully someone will know the answer to this. Anyway I''m using a Onkyo ht-rc260 reciever with 5 hdmi port on the back 1 in front. All hdmi are working perfectly except for my 5th HDMI slot. My problem is from the pc to reciever. I'm using a HDMI/DVI cable - DVI from Graphics card, HDMI on other side of cable to reciever. I have set the reciever to use HDMI 5 as PORT input and have change PORT input to use OPTICAL 1 for sound. When i turn on my reciever and change to the PORT input my picture is there, showing me my computer screen, but there is no sound. I did some testing with this... if i change to say INPUT CBL/SAT the reciver does what its supposed to do, changes inputs and sound threw hdmi to cable box. So i switch back to input PORT and same thing, Picture no SOUND. so i unplug the hdmi 5 which controls the pc to reviever input from the back of the reciever and plug it back in and walla it works both picture and sound. It seems by me changing to another input and back to input for the pc i seem to lose sound. I'm getting very frustrated and dont get this at all. PLZ HELP if you can understand my confusing post.

Thanks,
Nick

joewell

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010

Nick,

Sorry this is not a respond to your problem but I have the same receiver and I cannot get the HDMi switch to work! How did you set your setting? I'm going crazy and any help would be great!