Question Onkyo TX-SR333 - Losing my mind trying to connect a turntable

Sep 8, 2021
To preface this, my entire system worked fine until I had to reset the receiver.

Ever since then I have not been able to get any sound when connecting a turntable and setting the receiver to the appropriate channel.

--

1sy7s32949m71.jpg

I have an Onkyo TX-SR333 receiver connected to an LG CX OLED tv via ARC. There is an HDMI cable from the eARC port of the TV into the 'OUT' HDMI port on the receiver. My TV and other connected devices are then set to 'ARC' as the Audio Selector on the receiver. The default channel on the receiver is then set to 'TV/CD'.

I also have turntable plugged into an external preamp and then into the receiver with red/white/yellow composite cables. I cannot for the life of me get the turntable to play out of my receiver/speakers and have tried numerous inoputs and settings trying to get it to work without any success.

I have tested the composite cables into a standalone speaker and this works fine. The issue must therefore be with the receiver.

The setting I currently have it set to which I'm certain should work is red/white composite cables into red/white analog input of 'PC' channel (TV/CD already in use).When switched to the 'PC' channel on the receiver, 'Source Setup' > 'Audio Selector' in the settings menu is set to 'Analog'. I have also checked the 'Quick Setup' menu for the 'PC' channel and this is set to 'ANALOG'

I have tried every other port on the receiver with these same above settings and still can't get it to work.

I would be so grateful for any advice people may have.

Cheers

You said you tried different inputs, where was the turntable connected to when it was working? That same input should work unless you are connecting the cables in the wrong ports. Also check the manual if there is something you need to set if you don't have a video input going to the system as well.

Sep 8, 2021
You said you tried different inputs, where was the turntable connected to when it was working? That same input should work unless you are connecting the cables in the wrong ports. Also check the manual if there is something you need to set if you don't have a video input going to the system as well.

Thanks for the response. This is iultimately part of the issue. I've redone what I have done in the past without success. I've also checked the manual