Operating system not found on laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 21, 2018
Hi i have a Toshiba portege z30a and I tried to reset my computer but after resetting it it didn't reinstall Windows and it said operating system not found. And the bios is locked with a password which is weird because I bought and own this laptop and don't remember setting a password. And without the bios I can't install windows from a USB Anywaysorum isn't about helping with bypassing but does anyone know of some way to fix this and if anyone mentions something about CMOS batteries or jumpers I couldn't find it. Please I know this is considered against forum rules and I have no way to prove ownership but can someone help and give me a way to fix this besides sending it to Toshiba because their support said they wouldn't help me because I didn't buy it from them so I can't prove I own it and I got it from Best buy but my warranty expired and they won't help me either.

As I've already stated, Tom's Hardware has a strict NO ASSIST policy on bypassing security protocols. If the only thing that you can do is type in a BIOS password and you do not remember it, WE CANNOT HELP YOU!

If Toshiba is not willing to help you, then your ONLY option is to take the system to a local repair shop and pay someone to get this fixed.

Wolfshadw

Status
Not open for further replies.