operating system not found.

kapilarora

Estimable
Apr 5, 2014
Hello,
i have upgrade RAM in my laptop.Before i had 1 GB ram and i upgraded to 3 GB.When i shutdown the laptop and power on again, then it show some error and at last it show message "media test failure,operating system not found".but i press any key then it works fine.and it doesn't show boot menu during booting.i m using window 8.Please help me to get rid of this problem.

kapilarora

Estimable
Apr 5, 2014

yes problem is same when i go back with 1GB.but problem occur after upgrade of RAM.before upgrade it works fine.

The Letter Mu

Estimable
Feb 17, 2014
I would look to Windows Recovery. Something may have happened during the installation of the additional RAM.

Are you also saying that even though it says that a media test failed, pressing any key loads Windows 8 normally? If this is the case, you may want to go into your BIOS and change your boot order to boot from your hard drive first. I'm not sure exactly how upgrading RAM may have caused this, but it's worth a shot. It might be saying that no operating system was found on the disk drive, since it might try booting from disk first.