Question Optical Soundbar to HDMI ARC TV

Jun 5, 2020
I purchased a generic BYL soundbar that has an optical input but I want to connect it to my HDMI ARC port on my TCL 65S425 so I can use my TV remote control the volume. There are many audio converters on Amazon to choose and I have no idea which one will work for me. Can somebody please help me? Or will any of these work?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CJ96MQV/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A36PN40E750046&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P7SKWY7/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3GE4HK1J73CN8&psc=1

Thank you

alphacoyle

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
I'm kinda looking for the same thing, but to run my pc to surround system's optical input instead of using the av rca inputs like I've been doing.
They all seem pretty much the same; would read the reviews and try and get a good one.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Audio 1
R Audio 1
K Audio 2
R Audio 1
B Audio 2
A Audio 1
L Audio 2
B Audio 2
D Audio 1
philanthropic1989 Audio 1
M Audio 1
S Audio 1
H Audio 17
T Audio 6
A Audio 3
L Audio 1
V Audio 1
C Audio 4
F Audio 2
T Audio 1
Similar threads
Question No 5.1 sound Win10, splitter hdmi2.2 IN/passthrough/optical+hdmi2.2 OUT, 4k 60Hz uhd projector, dolby atmos soundbar
Optical cable hooked up the soundbar I have the cable hooked up to a soundbar on a LG 32-inch TV it works fine on HDMI 1 HDMI
Solved! Sonos Soundbar + Westinghouse TV - No ARC/Optical Audio Options
Solved! help with TCL 55R617 tv with polk audio soundbar connected with optical toslink
Solved! How to hook up Samsung soundbar to rca tv and Android box...tv doesn't have a optical port..
How to connect samsun hospitality tv model hg40aj570mk that have hdmi rca to soundbar that have aux usb optical
Connect my soundbar to TV without optical cord
Trying to connect soundbar to JVC TV with no optical cable & RCA output
I can't connect my bose soundbar to my bbc television, it doesn't have an optical input, it has an HDMI input but not on the b
What happens to a surround signal passed to a stereo soundbar over HDMI ARC and Optical?
TV has optical audio out only...my Soundbar only has hdmi in ... do I need to buy to get this hooked up
connecting soundbar with tv
Trying to connect LG soundbar with optical input to RCA TV with coaxial output
I need help connecting TV to Soundbar. TV has no optical or analog output.
YAMAHA YAS-207 soundbar and MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK Audio Optical output problem
Looking for a soundbar with optical hookup and headphone jack
Connecting TV with headphone jack and soundbar with optical or AUX in
Connecting digital audio of PC to soundbar from HDMI output to Optical input
how do i connect my jensen digital tv to my samsung soundbar without the optical cord
Klipsch R-12SW is making no sound??? Optical --> Insignia Soundbar --> LFE

ASK THE COMMUNITY