Outlook 2007 account set up (exchange server)

miss mouth

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
I was wondering if there was a specific file that contains all the account settings for Outlook account that could be copied and then imported or installed onto another machine's outlook set up. I have tried to manually duplicate the settings, but for some reason its not working. So i just wondered if there there was a way I could copy settings to take to another machine.

My story: my work uses exchange server for our email, and this past weekend they migrated all of us from one domain onto another domain, (which has been a nightmare for our MIS dept, seriously) and our email accounts have all been changed. Before the move, I had configured both my personal computers to the exchange account and it was great. I tried to do it with the new account settings, and for some reason it won't take. I even tried doing it while connected into our VPN at work, and it still would not work. I checked and double checked that the settings all matched...but I am unable to get it.

Anyways, is there a file that contains account settings that can be copied?

saint19

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
Hi.

Exist some files that are very important and have the contacts and appointments of the user.

The mails that are in the inbox are saved in a file .ost this file is saved in a different location depending of the OS.

For XP: C:\Documents and settings\%username%\ local configuration\program files\Microsoft\Outlook. All the files are important.
For Vista and 7: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook. All the files are important.

Now, the e-mail address of the user that he has send mails are saved in another file with .NK2 extension.

For XP: C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\ program files\Microsoft\Outlook. Look for the file with .NK2 extension.
For Vista and 7: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook. Look for the .NK2 extension file.

miss mouth

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I will keep this info in mind, but luckily I was able to get the account settings to work by manually entering them in again. Thanks!